The cauldron is a large plantpot which just so happened to look the part! I used a plant saucer, some foam pipe insulation and a lot of gorilla tape inside the pot to create a false bottom, so that I didn't have to fill the entire thing with water. Add in a fish tank mister to create the smoke effect!
For support, the cauldron is sitting on a black stool. I've created a campfire effect with orange LED lights and expanding foam underneath, then used bamboo cuttings to create the surroundings.
The witch itself is a skull on a stick, with a wig, robe, hat and kid's costume - stripey tights and all weighed down in a plantpot.
Adorning the shed are some witchy knicknacks such as boots and a spellbook.
- Glowing spell book - TK Maxx
- 2x 10W outdoor LEDs
- Artificial Maple Leaves Garland (2-pack)
- Orange LED String Lights - B+M Bargains - these cost a fiver and are surprisingly bright!
- Orange LED Curtain Lights - B+M Bargains
- Orange, Green and Purple LED Lights - B+M Bargains
- (Homemade) Halloween Wreath - thanks to the Mother in Law
- Witches hat, cape and tights - Morrisons
- Witches wig - Home Bargains
- Witches shoes - TK Maxx
- Polystyrene Skull (bought from Poundland about 10yr ago)
- Mist Machine - Amazon
This work by Sam Hogarth CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
Skull background by Hero Patterns