Tired of boring, uninspiring and generic backlog refinement sessions?
Example Mapping, developed by Matt Wynne, is a low-tech method for structured conversations, to understand user needs and clarify expected outcomes. All that's needed is a curious mindset and four different colours of index cards.
By asking questions, and illustrating acceptance criteria with concrete examples, this technique helps agile team members gain a shared understanding of upcoming work, through having better conversations.
In this talk, you'll:
- Revisit the power and potential of working with user stories
- Learn to use example mapping to turn user stories into acceptance criteria
- Explore what good examples look like
- Develop an understanding of when stories are too big, or not sufficiently understood
- Take part in a live demo of example mapping
- Agile North East, 2022-11-08
- We R Tech, 2021-07-31